Welcome to our Camp Fun and Fit Page
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
As of 1/20/2023 we have reached our enrollment limits and are closing registration for our Summer Program. We greatly appreciate the community’s support for our program!
Thank you for visiting our Camp Fun and Fit 2023 program page. We look forward to offering the most engaging, educational, and “funnest” summer camp experience possible. The details of our program are listed below and included a summary of each of our 11 weeks including our field trip schedule. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We have made every effort to finalize the program specifics as of December 15, 2022 given the information we have available. Our themes will not change, and our associated field trips are set although we cannot make reservations for some destinations until the new year. We are also in the process of verifying our schedule with the Raccoon Valley Swim Club for open swims. Changes may be necessary as we progress through the coming months. We appreciate you understanding an patience.
Our program is limited to a daily count of 55 children. Field trips are limited to 49 attendees.
- We are licensed to serve K-6th grade students in our program.
- We can accept a limited number of 4 year olds who are siblings of K-6th grade enrollees.
- With some exception, we cohort the children by age/grade – K-3rd and 4th-6th Grade
- Our Summer Camp Program Hours are 7:00am to 6:00pm.
- Our phone number is 856-418-1592.
- There is a two week minimum registration requirement.
- How to request a Registration Packet:
- You may go to the DOCUMENTS menu and download a PDF file
- Send an Email to [email protected] to request a copy
- Or call us 856-418-1592
- If you call or e-mail we will add your child(ren)’s name to our Summer Program wait list for 1 week while we await your registration packet.
Summer Camp Program Themes
Our weeks are structured so that daily activities focus on the theme set for the week. Our regular daily schedule is posted below. Theme activities are mixed in throughout the day in the various cohorts (age/grade).
Unless otherwise specified, field trips are scheduled for Fridays. Please see the table below for details on the field trip costs.
Coverage Days – June 14th, 15th
While not an official camp week, we will offer coverage for families who need it on Wednesday and Thursday of the week Harrison Twp schools close. (Currently June 13th) Our program will be closed on Friday June 16th for our Summer Camp Staff In-Service Day.
Opening Week – June 19th – June 23rd
We will be ready to go when school is over. This week is about fun and free play, crafts, and structured physical activities. The week ends with a blow-up Obstacle Course activity day.
Game Show Mania – June 26th – June 30th
Our campers will enjoy playing updated versions of classic game shows like Match Game, Family Feud, Hollywood Squares. Additionally, family favorite games will be incorporated. Our field trip this week will be Bowling.
Below the Waves – July 3rd – July 7th
(NOTE: We are closed on July 4th)
Campers will explore the Ocean Environment of Earth. We will look at the different creatures that live in our oceans – from the very small, to the very large. Our field trip this week is to Camden Aquarium.
Lego Week July 10th – July 14th
Kids cannot get enough of our Lego weeks. This year we will be looking at Legos through a “construction” eye. We will have tons of Lego based activities and project builds.
Our field trip this week will be to DiggerLand. (A construction based theme park)
Artful Antics– July 17th – July 21st
Campers will have a ton of fun creating the different crafts we have planned for them. Make room for the take homes they will create.
Our activity this week will be in-house as D-Signed For You will be coming on-site to lead a special crafting session.
Ninja Warrior / Parkour Skills week July 24th – July 28th
A week dedicated to teaching Parkour basics (Level 1) and running obstacle courses. No climbing of any significance, but the campers will apply their knowledge and skill to indoor and outdoor obstacle courses.
Our Field Trip this week will be to Washington Twp Parkour for a series of parkour lessons and then free-run of their Ninja Course.
Dino Week – July 31st – Aug 4th
Dinosaurs and more in the return of the ever popular theme. We will explore the world of dinosaurs with fossil digs, dino crafts and more.
Our field trip this week will be to the Academy of Natural Science.
Around the World (in
80 5 days) – Aug 7th– Aug 11th
A week of looking at different places throughout our world and their people, food, language, games, crafts, etc.
Our field trip this week will be to Dutch Wonderland!
Water, Water Everywhere Week – Aug 14th – Aug 18th
Water games, and exploration of fresh water environments topics make up this week.
Our older grouping will do the very popular ecology walk through the Mullica Hill pond area with lunch on the go.
Our field trip this week is to the Fun Plex Splash Park.
The World Above – Aug 21st – Aug 25th
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s the world above… From ground level to space, we will look at the atmosphere, the creatures, and vehicles that visit it… We will be building rockets with our older group…”To infinity and beyond”
Our field trip will be to one of the local parks to launch our student built rockets, and fly kites, gliders, etc.
Aloha Summer – Aug 28th – Aug 31st (Thursday)
Note – we are closed Friday September 1st)
Closing out camp with a picnic event is our tradition. This year we will go with the Luau theme. We will decorate our rooms, plan our menu and even learn something about our 50th state – Hawai’i
Picky eaters will be happy to know that traditional BBQ items will be on the menu. We always encourage the kids to try new foods, but we have plenty of the old standbys to make sure everyone gets enough…
We will have an inflatable obstacle course as our activity.
|Week #||Week of||Theme Title||Activity / Field Trip||Add'l Full Time Cost||Add'l Part-Time Cost|
|1||June 19||Opening Week||Inflatable Obstacle Course||$0||$5|
|2||June 26 - 30||Game Show Mania||Bowling||$0||$15|
|3||July 3* - 7||Below the Waves||Camden Aquarium||$0||$22|
|4||July 10 - 14||LEGO Week||DiggerLand||$20||$35|
|5||July 17 -21||Artful Antics||In-house led by D-Signed For You||$0||$20|
|6||July 24 - 28||Parkour and Ninja Week||Washington Twp Pinnacle Parkour||$25||$35|
|7||July 31 - Aug 4||Dino Week||Academy of Natural History||$0||$18|
|8||Aug 7 - 11||Around the World||Dutch Wonderland||$20||$30|
|9||Aug 14 - 18||Water Week||Fun Plex Splash Park||$20||$35|
|10||Aug 21 - 25||The World Above||Local Parks for flight and lunch||$0||$0|
|11||Aug 28 - 31*||Aloha Summer||Luau and Inflatable Obstacle Course||$0||$15|
Dates with an “*” indicate a variation from 5 day per week availability
The cost of transportation and admission for most field trips is included for the Full-Time (5 Day/ Full Day) program.
Students opting for a Part-Time program (2,3,4 days / week) will have a field trip fee as noted above if they normally attend on Field Trip/Activity days (typically Fridays). There will be a specified drop off time on field trip days.
Field trip destinations are subject to weather conditions, capacity limitations, and may be altered if needed.
Activity/Field trips and events will be scheduled for Fridays. Field trip fees will be refunded if any field trip is canceled and an alternative trip cannot be planned.
Registration and Tuition Fees
Registration Fee: $50/family
- The registration fee is waived in full payment is received by May 15, 2023
Early Registration (December 2022 – May 1, 2023)
- We offer early registration to our camp starting in December. You can reserve a spot for a $150.00 non-refundable deposit. Final payments are then due as noted below.
- You may adjust your child’s schedule, if needed, until May 1, 2023. (Changes to the schedule are based on availability of your alternative choices.)
Registration (May 1, 2023 until program closure)
- Registration for the Summer Camp Program is limited and on a first come first served basis.
- If you register after May 1st, a payment of half of the tuition amount is due to confirm your child(ren)’s spot in the program.
- Full tuition is due by June 15th.
Tuition is non-refundable. However if you need to swap weeks due to changes in vacation plans, we will accommodate those changes space permitting.
|Days Per Week||Tuition|
*Due to staffing and licensing requirements, students registered for less than 5 day a week programs must indicate the days of the week they will attend. Drop-in days are subject to availability.
**Non-Full Time (5 days per week) students will incur the drop-in fee on Field Trip Days in addition to the listed Part-Time Field Trip Fee.
**Non-Full Time (5 days per week) students will NOT incur the drop-in fee if the Field Trip falls on the students’ regularly scheduled day. Only the Part-Time Field Trip fee will apply.
Register for all 11 weeks of the Summer Camp program and receive $150.00 tuition discount.
Multi-Child Families – 20% off tuition for each additional child.
*Only one discount applies to each family.
We believe it is important to include free play, structured fitness time, themed activities, and an element of academic focus each day. The Academic focus/topic can be set by the parents or can be one of the many resources we have available for the students.
While minor variations will occur due to cohorting needs, our expected daily schedule is listed below.
On days with Open Swim or Field Trips, the schedule will vary.
Your child can attend during any or all of the hours listed. There is no specific drop off time required, except of field trip days.
|7:00am – 8:00am||Arrival, Breakfast (BYO), Free Play|
|8:00am – 8:30am||Group Warm-up and Physical Activity|
|8:30am – 9:00am||Academic time|
|9:00am – 10:00am||Theme based activity|
|10:00am – 10:20am||Morning Snack (BYO)|
|10:20am – 12:00pm||Free Play – Outdoor Activity time|
|12:00am – 12:30pm||Lunch (BYO)|
|12:30pm – 1:00pm||Themed Craft|
|1:00pm – 1:45pm||Physical Activity Time (Outdoor Play)|
|1:45pm – 2:15pm||PM Academic Time|
|2:15pm – 3:00pm||Free Play/Craft Time|
|3:00pm – 3:20pm||PM Snack Time|
|3:20pm – 4:00pm||Team Building / Group Activity|
|4:00pm – 6:00pm||Free Play/Craft Time|
Theme activities may include visiting experts, crafts people, or field trips.
In addition to the general registration information, some of our field trips will require an additional permission slip. We will provide these slips on the first day of each week.
Raccoon Valley Swim Club Visits
We are expecting to be able to offer open swim visits to the local swim club on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All students are required to come with us to the swim club, but they are not required to enter the water. Floaties are allowed and the children must pass a swim test to be allowed in deeper water and the dive tank.
Lunch, Snacks and Food
- Fun and Fit will provide an afternoon snack each day.
- Snacks options will typically include Fruit, Nutra-Grain Bars, Pita Chips, Pretzels, Veggie Straws, and Cheese Sticks just to name a few.
- Water is our preferred beverage and we do not serve soda of any kind.
- If your child has a dietary restriction, you may provide an alternative snack.
- Unless otherwise noted, parents must provide MORNING SNACK and LUCNH.
- We manage food allergies as necessary to ensure the safety of our students. Your child’s specific allergy information MUST be documented in their registration materials.
Dress Code, Sunscreen and Insect Repellant
- Play clothes (t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers) are recommended on all days. Our campers are active inside and outside.
- If a unique situation dictates a change in dress code, we will advise you in advance.
- For outdoor activities, we will happily apply provided sunscreen and/or insect repellant to children with a signed permission slip. Please provide a labeled bottle in a ziploc bag, of the products your wish us to use.
Completion of the Summer Camp Registration Packet
Fun and Fit Aftercare is a NJ State Licensed Child Care program and as such has mandatory documentation requirements for each student and staffer. Students may not be admitted to the program without the registration and medical documentation required by the State. All necessary forms and acknowledgements are in the registration packet.
Your child cannot be admitted to the center if their registration packet is incomplete.
Health and Safety
- Fun and Fit Aftercare staff are First Aid and CPR trained.
- A first aid kit, including child specific medication, is taken with us anytime we leave the facility.
- We manage any food allergies as necessary based on the needs of our students. If you have questions about this process, do not hesitate to ask.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all transportation to and from Field Trip venues will be provided by a registered transportation company.
- No Fun and Fit Aftercare staff will transport students in personal vehicles.
Note: While the greatest care and attention to detail possible have gone into creating our summer program, and this page, changes are possible due to circumstances that arise during the course of the coming months. We appreciate your understanding.